Wednesday, August 31, 2016

With All Due Respect: Book Review

With All Due Respect, written by Ruesner and Hitchcock, was a very interesting, good book to read on how to raise tweens and teens. I am a mother to four children under the age of 6 years old. I have yet to reach the "tween" era, but since I just sent my oldest child off to school for the first time, I figured this book would give me some insight on what to expect. I also sent my second oldest to pre-k.

My children love to push boundaries, and often test the waters, especially with two of them being in school already. They come home, positive they know better than me and that they don't have to obey or respect me anymore. Outside influences are way too strong.

So when I got this book, I was excited to see if this would help me with my relationship with my kids already. And sure enough, I believe the authors did a great job helping me now, even though we aren't at the stage of the tweenage madness.

This book gave several great pointers on how to be gentle, loving, kind, compassionate (and all those other great traits of a good parent) parent to my kids. It went in depth on how to go deeper with God as well, which is important as a Jesus-following family. I love the way they wrote it, where they asked questions about me, the reader, to consider and to answer. It was very interactive and sort of pulled the reader (me) into keeping on reading. I didn't want to put the book down. Normally that only happens when it's a story book, like fiction or a very well written biography. But this one was great! I would suggest it to anyone who is starting out with raising kids at any age.

I was given this book for free to review by BookLookBloggers. I was not compensated in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment