Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Alignment of the Stars

Have you ever felt like your life is just not lining up? Like things just aren't going right? Like you'll never make it even half way up the hill called Life?

I think we've all had those moments, days, months and years. For some, it might have felt like your whole life you've been battling to just keep your head above water. I think it's been a years thing for me, personally. I mean, I have had it better than a lot of people in the world. I'm not complaining. I just know that I've faced some pretty big battles and there have been a lot of times I feel like things are just never, ever going to go right. So, sister, I'm coming along side you, saying, "You can do it! Don't give up."

But here's the point of this post. 

This morning, I was thinking about so many things. You know, if you have an ADD in your system, you might know what I'm talking about...my mind was going 90 miles per hour and suddenly I realized that the stars were aligning. I'm almost 30 years old and so far, in those years, I've not found my passion and purpose, besides being a mother. I'm not downplaying that purpose, by the way. But I'm talking about the things that God placed in my heart as Dream Seeds. Back when I was 15 years old, God spoke very clearly to me that Los Angeles was my home; that the people living there were my people. I was young, involved in a church that wouldn't accept my "hearing from God" and I had no clue how or when this would come to pass. (PS. I still don't know...) 

Then a few years ago, I got the itch to write a book. Books, actually. I have two books burning on my heart right now; one is the story of my life and the other is a relationship/marriage book. But who am I to write a book? Really? Me? What do I have to say that will help or encourage people? Sometimes, things just calls for obedience, and let God do the rest. 

Those are two very big things; a mission field amongst celebrities (that was the focus of the "Dream Seed" that God gave me) and then these books. It involves a lot. Here's just a few of those things.

To have a mission field in LA:


  • Need to have a church that supports and backs us up
  • Open hearts on where to live
  • Money for the mission
  • Moving so far away is hard
  • Jobs
  • Schools for the kids
  • Safe area to live
  • Hearts open to receive what God wants to share
  • AND SO MUCH MORE..... the list really could go on for pages and pages, but I won't bore you.

To write a book:

  • Time
  • Lots and lots of prayer
  • A publisher
  • An audience
  • Support from friends and family
  • An open heart to hear what God wants to share
  • Again, AND SO MUCH MORE....and again, the list could on for pages and pages. 
All this seems so nearly impossible on my own.

But then I realized, this morning, that things were lining up! Slowly, but surely. Nothing big has happened. There hasn't been some huge breakthrough. There are no plans to move to LA, there isn't a church that has come behind the vision yet, there isn't a publisher and only one book is half written in a very rough draft form. 

But, I was talking to someone the other day that goes to the church we go to and she was saying she heard that another family felt to go to LA at some point and that people were open to moving there someday to start a church. Their mission and heart? For the celebrities and of course other people out there. And, to top it off, my husband texted me yesterday to say that the company he works for has their sister company out in....yep, you guess it, Los Angeles. And guess what? They're hiring for my husband's position. It's a prayerful...very prayerful consideration. 

Then, as I was getting slightly discouraged about the whole book writing thing, I realized I am friends with a couple of authors who have been published. Maybe they could give me hints and tips on how to talk to publishers. 

See, the stars are aligning, as they say. Slowly. They're coming together. Little things come along to remind you that God's Dream Seeds never go to waste. They never fail to come to fruition. 

Has God given you a dream? Has He planted a Dream Seed in your heart? Do you feel like it's not everrrrrr going to come to fruition? Start looking at the signs. Start believing in His Word. Trust His plan. Trust His timing. His timing is perfect. His ways are so much higher than ours. 



Leave a comment on what God is doing in your life! Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment