Saturday, October 8, 2016

Dear Trump

Dear Trump,

I am writing this open letter to you, in my blog, knowing that you probably will never see this. But if you do, I really want to say something.

I know you don't know me, but I want to tell you a little something about myself.

I am a woman. I am beautiful. I am wonderful. I am gorgeous. I am treasured. I am cherished. I am lovely. I am powerful. I am amazing. Do you know why? Because I am a daughter of The King. Do you know who The King is? His name is Jesus.

Jesus came to earth about 2000 years ago. He walked this earth with all of us humans. He healed the sick. He raised the dead. Then, He died for me. He died on a cross, a horrible, gruesome, painful, bloody death for me and every other person on this planet, including you. He believes everyone, including women, are worth dying for! Women are worth dying for. But do you know what is cool, too, about The King? He said that His people would do even greater things than He did while He was on earth. That's right. That means men, women and children. That means anyone who follows Him. That includes women, just in case you missed that part.

When I hear that people want to excuse what you said about women in the bus that day, it just honestly makes me feel icky inside. It embarrasses me and it makes me feel like you think that women are just objects, trophies to be held up as something a man conquered or won. It isn't normal locker-room talk. It isn't something men and boys should think is ok to joke about. Women are never to be treated badly, or spoken badly about. It isn't "don't get raped." It's "don't rape." Men need to learn the difference. Joking about how women can be grabbed in private places is wrong, immoral and downright disgusting. No one should think that is funny, ok, or the macho thing to do.

I have two little girls. They're beautiful. I am raising them to believe that they're beautiful, wonderful, powerful, world changing daughters of God. I am raising them to know that they own their bodies, and they need to respect their bodies. I am raising them to never let a boy take advantage of them, or to let a man abuse his power over them.

I know you say you're a changed man and that you would never say anything like that again. But would you? I'm honestly not sure I believe that. You have belittled women the entire time you've been running for president.

If you become president, please don't ever speak about a woman with such words pouring from your mouth. Please respect us. You have a beautiful wife. You have daughters. Hold every woman with the same respect and honor in your heart, mind, soul and words as you would them. Hold yourself to the standard you want every other man and boy held to concerning how they think, or speak, or touch your wife and daughters. Give an example of how a man is truly supposed to be.

From a mother to a potential president, I ask you to please, please, please tread carefully. The ice is shattered and you're sinking already. I'm not sure there is a recovery from this, but if you do recover and win this presidency, please go forward with a true heart change and be respectful to all humanity. They all deserve it whether you like them or not.

Thank you!
A Beautiful Woman, Wife, Mother and Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment