Friday, October 7, 2016

Love Unending and Becky Thompson

Finding time for you and your husband once kids come along can be challenging. Sometimes we get lost in the every day, mundane, crazy, "oh my goodness, I forgot to send a check with my kid to school" days and our marriage gets pushed to the side.

Have you ever felt like that? I know I have. I have four kids, all under the wonderful age of six. It gets all crazy in my household and to be honest, I believe it was about 4 or 5 months ago that I had my first date night in over two years. Yep. I said it. Two very long years. It wasn't because we didn't want to, life just happened. Putting my marriage first has always been something I've known is important, but I realized recently, before I even knew about Love Unending, that my marriage was slowly loosing it's spice. That isn't good!

My parents have been married for like 35 years or something like that.  They've told me over and over again that marriages go through stages. Sometimes you feel all ooey-gooey and other times, you aren't as close. They've told me over and over again that marriage takes a lot of work. That you have to constantly make time for each other and to communicate.

While my husband and I have taken time to talk and pray together, actually listening, hearing, talking, praying for each other, and making little, and big, changes for each other just hasn't happened. So along came Scissortail Silk, and Becky Thompson. Scissortail Silk is a page on Facebook that I somehow came to know and love, and it has been a life changer! Becky is real as real can get. She's down to earth, honest and in my opinion, a marriage expert. She's amazing. So, when I first discovered her, I had just finished reading her book, "Hope Unfolding." That was a life changer, and something I will share about later. But then she announced she was writing a marriage book called, "Love Unending" and was asking for launch members for her book. I asked to join and got accepted. I am so blessed to be apart of this team and to help Becky get this book known to the whole world.

Being a member on the launch team, I was blessed with an Advanced Reader Copy gifted to me (and other launch members) to read and go through before it is released. I am on Day Six so far and LOVING IT.

Now, I have thumbed through it all and scanned it, because I'm someone who likes to know the ending before starting the entire thing. (Yeah, I'm one of those people! LOL). I might liken it to the book, "The Love Dare" except it's totally for women who want to find the fire and spice for their marriages while dealing with motherhood. It is just for mothers! Who wouldn't want something designed and written just for them?

So, here's the deal. Why don't you go preorder yourself a copy here Love Unending Preorder Link and it will be shipped out in January when it is released on January 3rd, 2017. Please! Go get yourself a copy. It's sooooo worth it. Trust me when I say you won't be sorry.

And of course, please go check her Facebook page(s) out here Scissortail Silk  and Midnight Mom Devotional . Follow her for some wonderful encouragement and some "get real" moments.

Lots of love to all of you!
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment