Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Mama Loves You

A letter to my children:

To My Children, my blessings!

I love you. I always want you to know that. No matter what happens in life, no matter how many times I tell you, "no" or tell you to stop doing something, I will always love you. It's because I love you that I say these things. I am trying to keep you safe. I am trying to train you for life in the big world.

This world is a scary place little ones. There are things you will hear and see that I wish I could protect you from. There are people out there that have dark hearts, but they just need the light of Jesus shined so their hearts can turn to the light! I am hoping that I will raise you right, where you can be a light to those around you. I hope you see every place you go as a mission field. You don't have to go overseas or go on missions trips to be a missionary. Walmart, Target, church, school, the park, your friends, they are all mission fields. There will always be someone you can smile at, give a hug to, or pray for.

I hope and pray that your daddy and me give you a great example of a godly marriage and what godly men and women look like. I hope we always show you to love and accept everyone. You don't have to accept their sin, but you don't have to reject the person. I hope you always see through us, what the power of love can do. I hope you see how to forgive and how to work through problems. I hope you see, through us, what the relationship is supposed to be between a man and his wife, and between God and you. I hope I show you how a woman of God is supposed to be. I hope that my life is an example of the type of woman you want to marry, son, and the type of mother and wife you want to be, daughters. I hope that you see that I'm human and that I fail, but I also hope you see that no matter how many times I fail, I get back up and I keep going, because of God's grace and mercy. I hope you see what it's like to be a hard working man that supports a family well through your daddy. I hope you see the perseverance it takes to do what is right for your family through the work he does. I hope his example shows you what type of man you want to marry, daughters and what type of husband and father you want to be, son.

I hope that you know, that no matter what happens in life, we will always be there for you. I hope you know we are your friends. We are you parents, but we are your friends! So many parents don't think it's a good thing to be friends with your kids, but I disagree. I want to be your best friend forever and that you know you can trust me with anything. Just because you fail or make a mistake won't change my love for you. I hope you know you can talk to me anytime about anything. There is nothing too big or too small, or too good, or too bad that you can't share with me. I want you to respect me as your parent, but I want you to trust me as your friend.

I want you to love God. I want you to study your Bible and pray. Listen to the heart throb of God. He has great plans for you! Memorize scripture. Sing songs, even if your voice cracks and can't hold a tune. God doesn't care! He created you and he thinks you're beautiful and handsome. I hope you always see your value in Him. I hope you see the gift of each life and that each person that is alive on earth has worth and meaning in God. No one is too far gone, or done too much to lose the love of God. So keep loving everyone. Don't let what others say or do influence you. Be who God created you to be! Dare to dream. Dare to be different. Don't worry if you don't "fit in." Jesus didn't either. He was so often alone and considered "different." The Bible says there was nothing about him that made him stand out, or look handsome. So be content with how he made you. And always know that your mommy and daddy love you and think you're the best ever!

I pray that the Angels have charge over you and that you are kept safe through all of you life's travels! Smile a lot! Have fun! Don't waste a single day. Enjoy life! Do crazy things! Don't hold back. Be a world changer!

I love you a lot!
Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment