Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Rambling Mama: An Introduction

Well, most of you reading this right now probably already know who I am. But in case there is someone new amongst us, I will do a quick introduction so you'll know a wee bit of who I am. 

My name is Courtney. I am a Jesus follower and lover, a wife to a US Navy Veteran whom I am very proud to call my husband, and a mother to three rambunctious children whose ages are 4, 2 1/2 and 1 year old. 

I am a stay-at-home mom, a half time college student, a full time wife and a frazzled person half the time. If you catch me on a good day, I might remember my name and how old I am...on a "rough day" you'll find me with spaghetti or half eaten cereal in my hair, dark circles under my eyes and a blank stare to all your questions. :) I love to have fun, and my main goal in life is to serve Jesus and love others. I am not perfect and I won't claim to be. I have a lot of faults. But I am just a mama who is trying her best to be there for whoever needs me, to raise some good, down-to-earth, God loving children and to be the best wife I can be to my handsome hubby. 

I love to garden, and if I can get my hands into some finely tilled soil with some nice compost mixed in with a little bit of fish-emulsion freshly sprayed on top, you might find me sniffing the earth like a puppy.  I love the smell and it takes me back to my childhood days filled with fun memories of working the land with my Dad and my friends. It's kind of like people liking the smell of skunk spay just because it reminds them of their childhood vacations or like the smell of freshly steamed Brussels sprouts because your Grandma made them on New Years Eve.

I also love to sew and scrapbook for hobbies, though I would love to get back to sewing all my clothes and my children's clothes as well, like I did in my growing up years. But as a mother to three children I rarely find time to take a ten minute shower, or to brush my hair till it's glossy, let alone have time to pull my sewing stuff out of it's dark hiding place in my room to sew. Maybe someday, right? When the children are all grown up and gone off to college? Well, I can dream. I have a lot of plans for "those days," including traveling the world and experiencing new sights, sounds and smells with my tall, olive skinned Englishman! Mmmm, I love me some English accent. I can't wait to hear him back in England, on his own turf, speaking that romantic language with his own people. Ahhh yes, I am a sucker for the English people. They'll always hold a special place in my heart. 

Another one of my favourite things (yes, I did just spell it the English way...it's a "right" I have earned since I am married to an Englishman....I spell things a little different, like "favourite" and "colour." It's fun!) is to sit down in the quiet of the early morning hours, sip on some coffee and enjoy some Bible time and soak myself in the Word of God. It is always refreshing when I take time to read His letter to me, and to allow my mind to stop going a million directions at once and just let Him speak. He always has something good to say and it always gives me strength for the day. Also, I like to get in a little devotional time with Christine Caine's "Undaunted 365." It's a powerful book and it's always so encouraging to read if I have a little extra time! I highly suggest it to everyone out there. 

Well, there is a quick synopsis of who I am and what I like. I am starting this blog to just jot down some thoughts here and there. Hopefully this Rambling Mama's thoughts can bring a little bit of joy to your day. 

Lots of love! 
Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment